Saturday, August 23, 2008

This post is subject to constant modification.

This is my Macbook Pro, about 2 days before I sent it to Machines Sdn Bhd. It works perfect except for that angry sound of a dragon you hear underneath the chassis. You'll notice that parts of the screen's blue. That's because whenever the noise occurs, performance is halved. Please watch all the way to 00:00:43 to really experience the state of the art surround sound.

How would you feel if you had to pay the price of a low end macbook to fix a macbook pro?. On the 5th of August, after 3 weeks of having a noisy fan problem with my Macbook Pro, I gave up and felt that it was time to do something. I headed to the Sunway Pyramid branch of Machines Sdn Bhd, a so-called reputable center to service the Macs. I demonstrated what was wrong:
  • Fans were making a very nasty buzz,
  • The buzzing sound causes the macbook to vibrate uncontrollably.
  • Performance of the macbook slows down noticeably for example drop menus would take 1.5
Associate says damages will set me back about 300 ringgit. It was an acceptable amount 300 is what I can gladly pay to get back to business. So to be safe I set about 400 for repairs. Here's the official receipt:


It's been nearly 3 weeks. I make another call. They 'realized' that my macbook is still awaiting parts but this time they said that in addition to the fans that need to be fixed, the entire motherboard needs to be replaced.

3000 ringgit.
  • They promised me it would cost roughly 300ringgit on the 5th of August. Then after 19 days of cliffhanger treatment they proudly put their smug faces in front of me and say it's gonna cost the price of a new PC.
  • They promised me on that day it would take only a week or two to provide feedback.
  • They lied and did not call me for the past 19 days

No comments: